In this final installment of our three-part series on financial fear, we're returning to our roots and discussing how hope shifting can factor into our fear when it comes to finances.
More regularly described as idolatry, "hope shifting" simply means that we're putting our hope in something other than God for our well-being and care, a habit that comes easily to many of us living and working in first-world countries. How does the idea that we can and should provide for ourselves and our families too often morph into a belief that our hard work and stockpiling will be what ultimately brings us security?
We're talking all about hope shifting, finances, and the freedom that relying on the true provider can bring to our marriages and families.
LISTEN HERE or in iTUNES
Financial Peace University
You can get FULL ACCESS to bonus interviews, exclusive content, and cool free stuff by joining the HomeschoolingIRL community, and you can do that by subscribing (and telling your friends about us, too!)
SUBSCRIBE AND LEAVE AN iTUNES REVIEW:
Allow the magic of the internet to deliver Homeschooling In Real Life to your tablet or smart phone. Let us show you how easy it is:
1. Follow this link to our iTunes page.
2. IMPORTANT STEP: Under our big red HIRL logo, just click on View in iTunes.
3. The iTunes program will automatically launch on your computer and take you to our podcast page.
4. FIRST - Click SUBSCRIBE. Voila! All or our podcasts will come directly to your computer and smart phone.
5. NEXT - Click RATINGS AND REVIEW. Remember the best reviews are 5-stars (hint hint!).
6. Thanks for being one of our listeners! HIRLers rock!
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO LISTEN TO HomeschoolingIRL?
Let us help you figure that out.
1. You can listen right on your computer by clicking the episode photo on the top of this page.
2. You can listen on your iPod, Smartphone or tablet. Open the PODCAST app on your device, search podcasts for "HomeschoolingIRL" and click subscribe. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
3. You can subscribe to the HomeschoolingIRL website and you will be notified when every new episode is released.