Is courtship better than dating? Are families who practice courtship instead of dating out of touch, or have they found a method of creating solid marriages?
Thomas Umstattd, Jr. joins us once again to discuss how courtship became a component of Christian homeschooling in it's early decades, why parents were compelled to try something other than our cultural dating norms, and how it, too, can fall short of its intended purpose. Whether you are in favor of courtship, dating, or a combination of the two, we think you'll enjoy this episode and conversation and hope it spurs on good things in your own home.
Courtship in Crisis (affiliate link)
You can get FULL ACCESS to bonus interviews, exclusive content, and cool free stuff by joining the HomeschoolingIRL community, and you can do that by subscribing (and telling your friends about us, too!)
Are you new to podcasts? Let Fletch and Kendra help you out.
SUBSCRIBE AND LEAVE AN iTUNES REVIEW:
Allow the magic of the internet to deliver Homeschooling In Real Life to your tablet or smart phone. Let us show you how easy it is:
1. Follow this link to our iTunes page.
2. IMPORTANT STEP: Under our big red HIRL logo, just click on View in iTunes.
3. The iTunes program will automatically launch on your computer and take you to our podcast page.
4. FIRST - Click SUBSCRIBE. Voila! All or our podcasts will come directly to your computer and smart phone.
5. NEXT - Click RATINGS AND REVIEW. Remember the best reviews are 5-stars (hint hint!).
6. Thanks for being one of our listeners! HIRLers rock!
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO LISTEN TO HomeschoolingIRL?
Let us help you figure that out.
1. You can listen right on your computer by clicking the episode photo on the top of this page.
2. You can listen on your iPod, Smartphone or tablet. Open the PODCAST app on your device, search podcasts for "HomeschoolingIRL" and click subscribe. Easy peasy lemon squeeze.
3. You can subscribe to the HomeschoolingIRL website and you will be notified when every new episode is released.