Courtship or dating? It's a hot button issue for many homeschooling or conservative Christian families. On the one hand, we see promiscuity and casual relationships embitter lives; on the other hand, we see "uncourted" women remaining single well past the age they expected to be married and young men hiding real issues beneath the surface as they strive to impress a father rather than a daughter.
Join us and special guest Thomas Umstattd, author of the wildly popular post, Why Courtship is Fundamentally Flawed, as we ask, Is there something better?
Is there an approach to male-female relationships that allows for transparency and a budding friendship with a focus on the real goal: bringing glory to God? Or perhaps there isn't a formula at all. Is it possible that God is more creative than our schemes and ideas?
We had so much great content, you'll want to catch some additional questions Thomas answered in the exclusive subscriber content (free!), including:
- Isn't there more safety in group dating?
- What have been the results of the courtship model in the homeschool community?
- What is the "dragon-guarded" girl?
- What has the response been to his viral article?
Plus a hilarious outtake of Fletch and Kendra you won't want to miss!
Music Used During the Show:
Theme Song from The Courtship of Eddie's Father: Best Friend, by Harry Nilsson
You can get FULL ACCESS to bonus interviews, exclusive content, and cool free stuff by joining the HomeschoolingIRL community, and you can do that by subscribing (and telling your friends about us, too!)
Are you new to podcasts? Let Fletch and Kendra help you out.
SUBSCRIBE AND LEAVE AN iTUNES REVIEW:
Allow the magic of the internet to deliver Homeschooling In Real Life to your tablet or smart phone. Let us show you how easy it is:
1. Follow this link to our iTunes page.
2. IMPORTANT STEP: Under our big red HIRL logo, just click on View in iTunes.
3. The iTunes program will automatically launch on your computer and take you to our podcast page.
4. FIRST - Click SUBSCRIBE. Voila! All or our podcasts will come directly to your computer and smart phone.
5. NEXT - Click RATINGS AND REVIEW. Remember the best reviews are 5-stars (hint hint!).
6. Thanks for being one of our listeners! HIRLers rock!
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO LISTEN TO HomeschoolingIRL?
Let us help you figure that out.
1. You can listen right on your computer by clicking the episode photo on the top of this page.
2. You can listen on your iPod, Smartphone or tablet. Open the PODCAST app on your device, search podcasts for "HomeschoolingIRL" and click subscribe. Easy peasy lemon squeeze.
3. You can subscribe to the HomeschoolingIRL website and you will be notified when every new episode is released.