That's right. We chose two potential land mines in one podcast: Halloween and Harry Potter. We must be crazy!
On the first half of Homeschooling, Halloween, and Harry Potter, Fletch and Kendra discuss fear and the life of the believer as it pertains to participating in Halloween. Then on the second half of the episode, Fletch introduces the listeners to a character in the Harry Potter story that taught him a valuable lesson about culture.
You won’t be turned into a newt! Fletch and Kendra won’t make fun of you or persuade you to change your mind (that's the job of the Holy Spirit - not us!). We won’t even send you out into the neighborhood looking for the best haunted house. We just thought we’d put it the discussion on the table, with a big bowl of candy corn just to make sure we keep it sweet. Join us?
70 Vintage Halloween Costumes That Were Really Creepy, from Stuff You Should Know
From Christians and Halloween, Grace to You:
Evil spirits are no more active and sinister on Halloween than they are on any other day of the year; in fact, any day is a good day for Satan to prowl about seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8). But “greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world” (1 John 4:4). God has forever “disarmed principalities and powers” through the cross Christ and “made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them through [Christ]” (Colossians 2:15).
Dolores Umbridge Speech (YouTube clip) from Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix
You can get FULL ACCESS to bonus interviews, exclusive content, and cool free stuff by joining the HomeschoolingIRL community, and you can do that by subscribing (and telling your friends about us, too!)
Are you new to podcasts? Let Fletch and Kendra help you out.
SUBSCRIBE AND LEAVE AN iTUNES REVIEW:
Allow the magic of the internet to deliver Homeschooling In Real Life to your tablet or smart phone. Let us show you how easy it is:
1. Follow this link to our iTunes page.
2. IMPORTANT STEP: Under our big red HIRL logo, just click on View in iTunes.
3. The iTunes program will automatically launch on your computer and take you to our podcast page.
4. FIRST - Click SUBSCRIBE. Voila! All or our podcasts will come directly to your computer and smart phone.
5. NEXT - Click RATINGS AND REVIEW. Remember the best reviews are 5-stars (hint hint!).
6. Thanks for being one of our listeners! HIRLers rock!
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO LISTEN TO HomeschoolingIRL?
Let us help you figure that out.
1. You can listen right on your computer by clicking the episode photo on the top of this page.
2. You can listen on your iPod, Smartphone or tablet. Open the PODCAST app on your device, search podcasts for "HomeschoolingIRL" and click subscribe. Easy peasy lemon squeeze.
3. You can subscribe to the HomeschoolingIRL website and you will be notified when every new episode is released.