HomeschoolingIRL - Honesty and Transparency
Hey there! Fletch and Kenj here. Thanks for caring enough to click on our cool little Disclosure link. Like us, it shows that you care about honesty and transparency which is the hallmark of our podcast and blog.
To that extent, we want to be upfront with all of you about sponsorships and affiliates. Now that's honesty!
This website is not primarily financially driven. We started with the podcast and the website was a natural compliment to what we were saying online. It is not our business, just one part of our life.
That being said. The government cares about what we say and recommend. Beginning December 1, 2009, the FTC requires bloggers to disclose whenever there could be hidden interests or unspoken biases related to recommendations.
This is our site-wide disclosure. It pertains to things we sell directly on the site, cool stuff we mention on the podcast and any/all swag we receive from listeners, readers or cool people we had the chance to interview. We don't want anyone to get their undies in a bunch and we want everyone to love and recommend HomeschoolingIRL.com to their friends. So, let's just assume that every link and product we mention on this website meets the following conditions:
- We like to ask for free stuff
- We will accept cool swag from anyone.
- We do not profit from EVERYTHING we publish on this site.
- Sometimes we will just mention something because we think it's cool and we like it. No kickbacks. Just being nice.
- Other times we will recommend something and use our affiliate link (we might get a kickback for doing that)
- You can be absolutely certain that Fletch will NEVER turn down free coffee.
- And, Kendra will NEVER turn down free chocolate (as long as it's dark).
Hopefully, the above statement clears up any possible misunderstanding. If you have any questions, you can contact us on our contact page.